Friday, November 16, 2012

NaNoWriMo Day 16 Write Like

Write like this is the only chance you’ll ever get to tell your story. Write out of your comfort zone. Write to challenge and surprise yourself. Write like you have everything to prove, even when you don’t. Especially when you don’t. Write with heart. Write with passion. Write as often as you possibly can.
Jason Aaron 
I found this quote (on twitter I think) in December of last year when I felt I had to prove (to myself mostly) that I was meant to write. 
Jason Aaron is a comic book writer and from Alabama I think I'm more impress that he's a comic book writer from Alabama who made a name for himself, then anytime. 

Anyway...
What I ended up proving was:
I need to write.
I will write no matter what.
I have some writing skill.
I can make through the dreaded middle of the book.
I can make it to the words "the end"
More importantly if I'm meant to write I will write.
Praying before I start writing can't hurt, will help, really is a must.


This whole NaNoWriMo I have forgotten all of these things.
I need to pray or I'll end up staring at the blank white space wondering what to write. 

~Annie Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment