Friday, November 23, 2012

NaNoWriMo Day 23

Today I read Scott Westerfeld's pep talk for NaNoWriMo.
It's about how things are a lot messier then what we think.
And I realized for one that this apply to more then writing and plots and second my story is too simple.

Here the link to Scott Westerfeld's pep talk

I forgot that I'm writing about a family, not just the heroine and her grandmother.
Her grandmother is sick.  What are her children feeling and how are they showing those feeling.  I'm not telling the story from their point of view but its still going to be there, in how they act, and treat the other characters including the heroine.

When dealing with family as many people know from going through yesterday with their family, it's messy, can be very messy.  Its why we either love or hate Thanksgiving.  Yeah our family can drive us nuts or keep us sane.

Really need to remember that as I write this story, and a family that nuts and drive the heroine nuts make a more interesting story. Now I have more food for thoughts and more food then my fridge can hold thanks to good old Thanksgiving.

What are your thoughts?

Have a wonderful Christmas shopping season and happy writing,
Annie Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment