Monday, January 7, 2013

Writing Prompt: You Wake Up, Road With No Memory.


Writing Prompt: You wake up by the side of the road lying next to a bicycle, with no memory and no wallet. What happens in the next hour?

            I opened my eyes, the world is blurry.   My hand moved to push my glasses back into place, but they're not there.

            I get down on my knees, the gravel cuts into my bare knees and my palms of my hands as I feel for my glasses.  I hope I find them. I think, the world one big mess without them.  Nose to the ground I can smell the dirt but don't see my glasses.

My head hit something, pain shot through my temple, and I fall back on my butt at the shock.

Looking up I see the big wheel of a bicycle spinning from the connect with my head.

Was I riding a bicycle? I asks myself, I haven't ridden a bike in years.... I think wait....

My mind goes crazy and my heart follow as I try to remember... anything.

The sound of tires cracking gravel make me look up to see a big blur of white coming my way.  The blurry door opens and someone steps out. "You ok?" a female voice asks. "Oh dear, your head is bleeding."

            "Joe, darling you think we need to take her to the ER or call 911?" she asked someone else.

There a grute reply.

"Come on Honey," said the woman.  She touched my back.

"I've lost my glasses."  I told her.

"Let's see" she said then silence. "I don't see them.  I'll help you to the car."

With her hand on my back she guide the way.  A sweet floral scent move with us.

Soon I'm in the back of an old van, it's smell of leather and rust.

            "Now, Honey, what's your name?"  the woman asked.

            Again my mind goes crazy trying to recall.

            "I don't know."

            She mumbles something ... not sure but I think she said "Those fools knocked the memory right out of her."

            "What was that" I asked?

            "Oh, nothing honey, just complaining about my joints."

            Something not right. I think.

            A cell phone ring.

            and rings

            and rings.

            "Are you going to answer that?" I asks.

            "No need, honey."

            I swallow as the phone's ring stops.

            Something not right for sure and I'm in the back of a van....

No comments:

Post a Comment