Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Book I WANTED day 15 OctPoWriMo

Just One Year By Gayle Forman
Picture from Goodreads 
The writing prompt today is writing a poem inspired by a piece of News, well I saw that a book I wanted to read came out today.  My poem about a book....laugh. Enjoy. 

A Book I WANTED
A book I WANTED to read came out today.
Saw the announcement on Facebook.
Even had a reminder on my smart phone,
that I don't remember putting there.
I WANTED to read this book!
It's like a reminder of a crush I once had...
It's a sequel, really a parallel story to another novel.
Hmmm... like falling in love
First novel about a year in a girl's point of view.
Like finding joy and happiness with someone and then it's GONE.
This book, the second book about the boy's point of view.
I WANTED to know what happened, his thoughts, his actions in that make believe year.
The wait....full of  heartache.
If I sit here and think about the story I'll make that feeling come back.
Sigh.....

Ok.... I want to read that book, so do I rush to the bookstore?  
By Annie 
The book I'm talking about is Just One Year by Gayle Forman, its the sequel to Just One Day. If you haven't read it yet and love YA novels I highly recommend this book.  I hope Just One Year is just as good!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love feeling that need to read! :) Enjoy the book. X

    http://shahscribbles.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete