Monday, October 14, 2013

Lost in Noise Day 14 OctPoWriMo

The Writing Prompt for the today is to write a poem about silence. To look at an object and write about the silence around you.  But I wrote the first thing that popped into my head at the world silence.

Lost in Noise
You would think I was lost in a world of silence,
but I lost in a world of noise. The noise of the world.
The noise you hear every day and tune out.
In the noise I don't hear and the noise I hear
better then the sound I want to hear.
I want to hear your voice but instead
I hear the deep hum of the world as it buzz all around us.

So I gave up I'm sorry I gave up, but I still want to hear your voice.
by Annie

Come join the writing poetry challenge at OctPoWriMo 2013 

3 comments:

  1. This is so lovely and poignant! There is a yearning sadness here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem really speaks to the invasiveness of noise in our lives; so much that it takes over and drowns out the things we want/need to hear. Thank you for this thought-provoking poem, Annie. xoA

    ReplyDelete