Saturday, October 5, 2013

I'm a Young Woman Who Day 5 OctPoWriMo

The Poetry Prompt challenge for today was write a list poem with the started I'm a woman who.... well I read Sincerely, Aishah's Poem and she started with "I'm a young woman who" so since I'm a young woman too, I stole the line from her poem I hope she doesn't mind. 

I'm a young woman who hopes the 30's are indeed the new 20's.
I'm a young woman who quiet and wait and watches like a spider (only I'm harmless).
I'm a young woman who prays for healing - come I'll pray for you.
I'm a young woman who born with hearing lost prays to hear the birds sing every day.
I'm a young woman who believe in true love but yet to find hers.
I'm a young woman who want a man (not a boy) who will stand by her side.
I'm a young woman who willing to stand alone as long as she has God.
I'm a young woman who love the power of God, the true  and real "magic" of the world. (In Jesus' name I pray)
I'm a young woman who loves books.
I'm a young woman who has...needs to write. (It's burned on my heart)
I'm a young woman who doesn't realize how blunt her tongue.

I'm a young woman who still discovering her passions.  

6 comments:

  1. That last line says it all, really. Great little piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you when I thought of that line I made a side note that read last line.

      Delete
  2. I love the openness and vulnerability you share in thos poem. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, wow that you thought that. I find it easier to express and understand my feeling through poetry.

      Delete