Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 14 Poem: Loves to Laugh

Loves to Laugh
 
My heart holler out,
my soul scream,
inside me hurt - a hollow hole.
 
Something missing - three somethings -someones
my Granddaddy. my Gran, and my Uncle John
 
I once screamed in a dream
to you God, BRING MY FAMILY BACK,
now I scream BRING MY FAMILY'S JOY BACK
 
I remember,
Oh, how my family loved to tease and laugh,
sharing stories of childhood past,
I heard a million and one times,
But never grew tired laughter and of stories that binds.
 
Can we get back to the family who loves to laugh?

By Annie Laurie Gray
 
As you can see today is not a good day, maybe it's the weather? Dark clouds hang from above and rain falls like my tears. I remember laughter but then I realized we hadn't really laughed in a while, a good soulful belly shaking laugh. so my poem meant for a happy memory or two turned to a soulful hurt.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to read about your pain. I hope you can find your family's laughter again soon.

    ReplyDelete