Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 25 Poem: Oh Crush

Today's OctPoWriMo Poetry Prompt is Love Story. To write about my love story.

When I think of Poetry and Love I think about being in Love.

I have never been in love.

And True Love

For some reason I am remembering Westley in the movie Princess Bride say "True Love" at Miracle Max's house. Now that a movie that makes you believe in true love. "As you wish."

And strangely that bring me to crushes, because Westley love Buttercup but he can't tell her (good example  and definition for a crush) so instead he say "As you wish." (If you have never seen this movie I'm telling you go rent it now!)

I have had plenty of crushes.

Here's my poem

Oh Crush
 
Oh Crush, why are you here?
I'm not going to act,
and he doesn't know, he is, to act.
 
I sit here and watch or ignore
whatever the case may be,
wonder and dream does he like me?

by Annie Laurie Gray
 
 
 
And here are the other poets who wish to share their poems with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment