Monday, October 8, 2012

Rejoice and Be Happy


 

       God wants us to rejoice and be happy.

            But here’s the thing, He wants us to rejoice no matter what; in the good and the bad times whatever your life might look like.

            Your life may look similar to Habakkuk who had to deal with a rotten king who didn't worship God but rather pagan gods. God told him worse was coming. The Babylonians were coming to take the Jews into exile for 70 years.

            But still he comes to see the world differently he said, "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the field produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights" (Habakkuk 3:17-19).

            Habakkuk decided to rely on the LORD for his strength.

            Now Judah's future looked pretty bad but God told another prophet, Jeremiah, “’For I know the plans I have for you,' declared the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'" (Jeremiah 29:11).

            God is telling all of us the same thing.  Rejoice in the LORD Jesus Christ, He wants you to be happy and He has plans and a broader perspective for you.  Trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment