Friday, October 26, 2012

Today's thoughts Oct. 26 NaNoWriMo

I signed up for NaNoWriMo Right now the website is a bit of a mess must be getting ready for midnight November 1, 2012.

According to the website this is my 6th year to sign up. I have yet to write 50,000 words in 30 days, but every year I try.
I do write stories and try to write novels at other times during the year but during NaNoWriMo you know other people around the world are also writing and trying to reach that 50,000 words goal too.

and that amazing to me.

This year my writing motto is a Ernest Hemingway's quote

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” 

So that the plan.  What story will make me bleed?  What story will make me put everything I feel on to the page?

Writing poetry this month helped me to express my feelings in words not saying it was perfect but I did share things I wouldn't normally.  During NaNoWriMo I'm giving me the challenge to put all that into prose, and to hit that 50,000 word mark.
I know the story that will make me bleed on to the page, and it's going to be fiction. It's more along the line of the idea how would you change your life and now go write it.

I'm not going to change much.
My heroine going to have a hearing lost (I have only written one short story where the heroine is hard of hearing)

She going to stuggle with many of the same things I struggle with, some I wrote about in my poems lately.

I don't have a plot, but the creator of NaNoWriMo says no plot no problem.

and if you wish to join me in this writing challenge here is the link again NaNoWriMo and my NaNo name is algray.

I hope to see you there.
Oh and if you don't mind I'm curious what do y'all think of NaNoWriMo or just the idea of writing 50,000 words in a month. Please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment