Thursday, October 4, 2012

Love: Unfailing Love


 

Psalms 13:

"How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?

How long will You hide Your face from me?

How long must I wrestle with my thoughts

and every day have sorrow in my heart?

How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Look on me and answer, O Lord my God

Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death.

My enemy will say 'I have overcome him,'

and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

But I trust in Your Unfailing Love;

my heart rejoice in Your salvation.

I will sing to the LORD,

for He has been good to me."

                        I don't know what David did at the time to feel that God had forgotten him, but I know what it feels like to feel like God is billions and billions of miles away sitting in heaven where I can't feel his presence in my life. 

                      My family lost three people to death between the months of July 2011 and April 2012.  First my grandfather grew weak and sick and passed away in July last year.  Then the Sunday before Thanksgiving my Aunt P and Uncle J went to South Carolina to visit their daughters, one daughter was expecting a baby. 

            Aunt P was showing the baby clothes she had bought as Uncle J lay on the bed.  When my uncle reached over to pet the dog he fell off the bed.  Because he had a big smile on his face my aunt and cousin thought he was playing around but he doesn't get up. Something had happened and he fell off the bed- dead.  They never got a pulse.  

            My aunt and her daughters held the funeral in South Carolina.  The night after the funeral my beloved Grandmother had a stroke in the hotel.  I helplessly watched her fall as she was brushing her teeth.  For a week the doctors told us she was going to pass away but we decided to take a risk and take her home.  She lived for about four and half months after the stroke but she was completely dependent on us since her right side was paralyzed and could only speak a few words.  In April she passed away too.

            I never dreamed I would lose her, she seemed so strong to me.

            So I know what it's like to feel that God has forgotten me.

            Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew in my heart of hearts that God didn't leave. He stood there holding me, waiting for me to seek Him again.

            My Psalms to God

How long, Lord will You stay away from me?

How long will You not say a word?

How long will I wrestle with my fears

and every day hold sorrow in my heart?

How long will this enemy beat at me?

Look at me Lord, answer me! My Lord My God

Where are you?

Bring Your light back to my eyes or will I gaze forever into space?

Fear will say "I have overcome her,"

and it will rejoice as I lay broken and alone in my room.

But I trust in Your unfailing love;

my heart rejoice in Your salvation.

I will sing to the LORD,

for He has been good to me.

(Inspired by Psalms 13 and the last four lines are quoted.)

Thank You Lord Jesus Christ for Your unfailing Love and that You never leave us!

In Your Holy Name I pray Amen!

May God bless you,

Annie Laurie
 
(Scripture taken from the NIV Quest Study Bible, Revised 2004 Zondervan Pub.)

No comments:

Post a Comment